Incredible India and Simply Singapore

The two cities are a study in contrasts: New Delhi is sprawling, dry, refreshing cool, and wonderfully frenetic; while Singapore is compact, humid and warm, yet pleasingly calm. But they have much in common. For instance, the food in both is tantalizing; from New Delhi’s mouth-watering chicken tikka to Singapore’s rightly famous pepper crabs.

They are also home to amazing communities of HTC fans and customers, which is what brought us to both.

Incredible India

“Incredible India” the advertisement goes, and our 30-hour stay certainly supported that statement. The amount of construction we saw is a testament to the incredible economic growth in this country of 1.2 billion people. Less obvious, but no less influential, is the growth in smartphone ownership. More than 350 million people connect to the Internet through their mobile, more than the entire population of the United States.

With Beats audio at the core of HTC One, could there be a better place to meet than New Delhi’s Hard Rock Café? The music was loud and the guests full of questions about the new series of phones. Much like our previous meet-ups, the camera stole the show. The room filled with shutter clicks as attendees snapped away.

Beats Audio Makes the Three Hour Journey Complete

The physical design won raves as well. Nishant Gambhir said HTC One X is ‎”really quick, attractive and lightweight.” Umang Bhatia, who traveled over 200 km to be one of the first in India to try HTC One X, called it “simply a show-stopper!”

Simply Singapore

After an all too brief night’s sleep in New Delhi, we boarded our next flight, bound for Singapore. The stunning architecture of Changi Airport is the perfect introduction to the city-state’s gleaming skyline of glass towers and awe-inspiring shopping centers. For me, it is also home, and a chance to see my family before heading to our meet-up later in the evening.

Nestled in an older part of the city, Orange Thimble, the location of our customer meet-up, is a pleasant café half-a-world removed from the rush of central Singapore. Several dozen guests pressed into the cozy courtyard, eager to see the HTC One.

Shane Describing Features of the HTC One X

You could hear many “oohhs” and “ahhs” fill the air the moment we pulled the HTC One family of phones out. And the questions started as soon as everyone was able to hold the new phones in their hands! I had warned Charl, Darren, and Wyatt to brush-up on the HTC One specs, and it was a good thing they did:

• “Does the One X have a quad-core processor?”
  • “Did HTC deliver a better camera lense?”
  • “Does it really only take 0.7 seconds to launch the camera?”
  • “What improvements have been made to Beats Audio?”

Our guests really knew their stuff and pressed us on each detail.

We have more news to come, including Taipei, Hong Kong, while our colleagues in Europe head to Warsaw and Milan (and many more). Thank you for joining us on this adventure!

33 Responses to “Incredible India and Simply Singapore”

1. You Missed out Mumbai

• avatar Darren Krape says:

We’re planning more meet-ups! Make sure you’re a fan of the HTC India Facebook page since we’ll announce future ones there: https://www.facebook.com/HTCIndia

• avatar Darren Krape says:

2. avatar Ajay Vishwanath says:

give Hyderabad a visit man!! you got the maximum potential here!!

3. avatar umang bhatia says:

i love htc~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

4. Still deciding whether I’ll get One S or Asus Padfone for my next phone upgrade. Patiently waiting for full press reviews on both of them. The new One series phone really shows HTC efforts to stay as one of the best Android phone maker :)

5. You must come to Chennai!!!!

6. avatar Rick Phoon says:

Great to have you in Singapore, HTC. Do drop by again soon!

7. we wanna you at srilanka too

8. avatar seng_slaker151 says:

will the new htc one x come with beats headphone?

9. avatar Narasimhan Subramanian says:

yes, come to Chennai… we have lot of HTC fans!! I am sure you will get a great response…

10. avatar 道玺 邢 says:

I like It

11. avatar follin1221 says:

seem to not bad

12. Hi HTC Team, Hope someone would read this serioulsy and will take nessarry action to improve HTC  Seervice enter’s in INDIA.

From last 1 month i am stuggling to get my HTC Wildfire repired comletly fine.. 1st i submitted it Bangalore, India but no result ..then i went to Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh there they replaced my cells motherboard and handed over to me ..You knw wat now cell is working fine but its main basic functionally –> calling someone is not working ( i am unable to hear wat other person is saying) wats the use of repairing it and spending 5k for it .

Now tell me who is responsible for such idiotic repairs ..they don’t have sufficient knowledge to repair , no testing of cell, no intelligent devices to repair , I felt like i am giving my cell to some non technical person who dont knw wats the android device is ?

Cant explain complete story here ,,,bt in short i am very very disspointed with HTC mobile & its service centers ….

If you want more details regarding case number n all pls message me ..n tell me who is responsible for such REPUTATIONAL risk to HTC & its market in INDIA.

13. avatar Jasmin says:

I’ve read some of the feedback from review sites about the HTC One X and most of their complain is about the battery.

14. avatar Prasanna Vathanan says:

FIRST SET-UP PROPER CUSTOMER SERVICE & SUPPORT CENTRES AT ALL THE MAJOR CITIES IN INDIA.
    JUST SELLING MOBILE AT PREMIUM RATES AND FORGETTING THE CUSTOMER LATER-ON WONT HELP HTC ANYMORE.
    WAKE-UP AND SUPPORT CUSTOMERS, ORELSE U’LL BE OUT OF SMARTPHONE RACE SOON…
    MAKE IT A POINT.

15. avatar jiahao0123 says:

Will Singapore Get The HTC One S And When

16. avatar jamesgould72 says:

love htc!!!

17. avatar venkatesh kamarthi says:

Really looking to purchase this mobile…Can you let us know the Price of HTC One ?

18. I’m from India and I love HTC! here is my take on ONE X. Benchmark tests explained in the video by techbuffalo, the written part and comparision with the most close competitor is here! http://technohulk.blogspot.in/2012/04/htc-one-x-vs-lg-optimus-4x-hd.html

19. would you be coming to Karachi, Pakistan. Over here, the mobile market is thriving like nothing. People are listening to Online Radios, accessing FB, using Instgram, and doing most of their stuff on Mobile. Heck they are connecting their phone to TV.

20. I am about to file legal complain against HTC India for giving me
    faulty instrument of HTC sensation XE which had problem of weak signals,
    they have replaced this phone and given me other phone which has even
    multiple problems including same old phone of weak signals.

I have cooperated enough and given enough time plus visited local
    service centre more then 10 times. Now even after my written complain
    there is no proper response so I have decided to start legal action on
    HTC India.

21. avatar Akash Datir says:

I got that HTC incredible S Will get Android Update Of 4.0 inNext few Weeks ,But A month Gone and there is no any post about it …when i get that stuff In India..Plz Reply me as soon as possible ,when it will be rolling out for us in India….

22. avatar Vinod Gaonkar says:

Will Amaze 4G be released in India? I am getting an Amaze 4G from US, will it work in India? How would I get ICS for the same

23. Hi Shane,

I would like to be a part of your social media team. I am a big fan and user of HTC.

24. avatar RAMANA says: