Customer Spotlight: Amy Barseghian – In Her Own Words

It’s a common question many people ask daily; “How do I get this done, while driving to that game, or attending that conference?” And it’s a challenge the Mommy Mentor, Amy Barseghian, tackles every day. As a mother of two, social media strategist, community manager, and blogger, Amy is definitely mastering the art of juggling responsibilities, always with her HTC Droid DNA (Butterfly) in hand.

Amy-Lamborghini

We recently caught up with the Orange County, California resident to learn a bit about how she uses her HTC to juggle her many responsibilities (or simply find a place to eat between her kid’s activities).

On staying connected at work: “I love that I can pick my kids up from school while responding to emails and managing content, campaigns, and videos for MomTV.com. Working in social media, I can manage my accounts, plus the others I support, right from my phone. While I’m passionate about social media, I honestly feel so lucky to have a job that allows for this flexibility, balance, and opportunity.”

On maintaining sanity: “Aside from work, I keep a food journal, have all of my shopping cards managed in an app, and manage our family’s grocery list and budget from my phone. One program I’d be lost without is One Note; thankfully the app syncs flawlessly so I can update notes on the go. You never know when you’ll need to update your list of favorite wines, right? With the DROID DNA’s amazing camera, I also take a ton of photos of our family with it.”

On finding balance:I mentally disconnect when I need to and work each day to make sure the ease of access to my ‘work’ doesn’t become an excuse to do it 24 hours a day. Some days it is easier than others. My motto is “Work hard, play hard” and I involve my family in the ‘play’ as much as I can. Of course, I still find myself occasionally surfing the web on my phone at 2:00 AM.”

Her biggest influence: “My husband – plain and simple. He was the one who first said, ‘You need to do something with social media and share your experiences with others.’ So I did just that and now, over five years later, here we are. He’s also the one that reminds me that it’s time to shut down at 2:01 AM.”

The best photo she’s taken with her DROID DNA: “Definitely a sunset shot over the Pacific Ocean. We took this photo while we were ‘mildly’ violating the speed limit on Interstate 5 on our way to meet some friends for dinner. As we cruised along at 75 MPH, the sunset just seemed to beckon us. Better yet, no speed traps on the highway and no photo filter required.”

AmyFavoriteShot

Her advice to all hoping to enter her profession is simple – be willing to put the hours in to establish yourself and only type words that you would speak out loud. “You are your brand on social media,” Amy says. “Work very hard to maintain your core values in writing so you stay true to who you are.”

Excellent advice, thanks Amy. In addition to Mommy Mentor, you can follow Amy’s projects at Disney Mentor and on Twitter, Google+, Pinterest, Instagram, YouTube, and Facebook.

42 Responses to “Customer Spotlight: Amy Barseghian – In Her Own Words”

1. avatar B Hildebrandt says:

One Brother notes that she has always had a lead foot.

2. avatar Faith says:

Thank you Amy for the advice.

3. That is an amazing shot of the ocean! Looks like you’re having a blast :)

4. avatar RaisedByCulture says:

I’m always on the lookout for a great Droid with a good camera and that picture is amazing! Going to check out One Note too!

5. Our HTC is like a family member, always is there for help us in any situation :). Great interview Laura and great response Amy!! (I love your pic <3 )

6. avatar Amy Walton says:

This is a great article, thanks! I am so impressed with the phone’s camera!
    Amy @ So There by Amy

7. It all balances out after awhile Trina. Those first years are certainly busy ones, but each year just make attainable goals and you will get there.

8. avatar Cori says:

I think for me sometimes the hardest thing is maintaining balance between work and family time/play. Sometimes work doesn’t feel like work so I don’t even realize when I’m not truly playing enough until I get a bit burnt out! Great post!

9. avatar CFish says:

Great article, have read Amy’s blog and seen how hard she works to get everything done as and when needed, like her my HTC is also an invaluable part of my life for organizing, assisting and reminding me to do things I would otherwise forget or as in the old pre HTC days, do late. My OneX+ enriches my life in so many ways and I love reading how other peoples HTC’s do the same for them :)

10. Those last words about being your own brand is so true, staying true to yourself as a writer is what keeps us reading bloggers. :D

11. avatar Steven Bell says:

Amazing photo :) great article and it sounds like hard work D:

12. avatar Quote Walls says:

Working from home is the best and most wonderful opportunity for moms. keep up the good work to encourage women in the quest for balance of work and home.

13. avatar Melanie says:

What a beautiful photo! Amazing that it was taken with a phone!

14. avatar Jamie says:

Nice to see you featured here Amy! You work hard, have made some great connections in the industry, and are a familiar face when i see you at events happening around town =) You’re awesome!

15. Whoooohooooo Amy!! how fun!!

16. avatar Megan Broutian says:

Excellent post and beautiful photo. Unfortunately, I too am versed at the juggling thingie and my husband has to remind me to shut down all electronics or I’d still be on them in the wee hours of the morning.

17. I ‘mildly’ violate the speed limit all of the time, so I get it. :) Except CHP has busted me (and made me pay for it) more than once! Either way, that is a GORGEOUS photo – and what’s up with the racecar? I want to go! Take me, take me!

18. Nice post!! Thanks for the advice!!

~Sandy Gram

19. I love that you involve your family in play. What a great Mom and inspiration to others.

20. “You are your brand.” Very wise words!!

21. [...] she couldn’t imagine doing it all without her trusty HTC devices by her side. Check out her customer spotlight profile to learn more about [...]