Metal-morphosis of the New HTC One

How do you create an all-metal phone that delivers beauty and a seamless user experience? As HTC VP of Design Thomas Chien said, never accept ‘it can’t be done’ as an answer. With the new HTC One, our designers certainly followed Thomas’ advice. The result? “Absolutely one of the best smartphones ever built,” according to Zach Epstein of BGR.

Watch what happens when bold design and engineering push the boundaries of smartphone design.

After watching the video, be sure to check out the complete photo gallery for a behind-the-scenes peek at the “Making of the New HTC One.”

Early sketch of the new HTC OneEarly sketch of front & back view of the new HTC OneThe Metal-morphosis of the new HTC One

37 Responses to “Metal-morphosis of the New HTC One”

1. Great article!
    Already watched the video, but it was fun to watch again :)

2. avatar Grace Lee says:

Greatful video n smart HTCone design new technology…

3. avatar Chris Chavez says:

There’s absolutely nothing like it on the market. <3

4. avatar FosterDog says:

Will it be on Verizon? Or do users have to switch (back) to ATT?

5. avatar Mark Lovatt says:

I have noticed that my stereo bluetooth headset loose signal when touching or holding the phone near the top.

6. avatar John Leasure says:

I hope your marketing budget is enough to counter Samsung and their far inferior Galaxy products.

• avatar Saif says:

They need to put “One” brand into people’s minds!

• avatar Daniel Hill says:

Na, they don’t need that. Look at blu. They’re growing and making quality phones. I hope HTC doesn’t spend ridiculous Samsung $$ on marketing, thus inflating the cost of their phones to us. They’re already trying to prop up their numbers by offering the $100 for htc one buyers.

7. avatar Saif says:

I hope HTC will use on screen keys in their next phones. Capacitive is dead! It breaks Android Guidelines.

8. Im wondering if you can go to YouTube to play music then down size it then go on a different app on the phone so music is playing through YouTube while your on Twitter, Facebook and others.

9. avatar Shubhankar says:

Surely hats off to the designer! It’s the best design till now!!!!

10. Stop R&D on other producs for 2 months and Market the hell out of the ONE, the devil is in the details and the ONE has the details…

11. Everyone I show the phone to asks where they can get one as it far superior to the Galaxy and I-phone.

12. avatar Sergio Ruiz says:

I only want to say this!!
    I WANT MY HTC ONE!

Regards from Argentina!

13. avatar livingonenergydrinks says:

4MP UltraPixel sensor will be the biggest mistake in HTC’s History. I have seen the side by side comparison shots with the HTC droid DNA. The sensor on the HTC one leaves much to be desired. The quality and detail of the pictures were below what even my HTC sensation can take. My next phone will be a GS4 or a Sony. Everything else with this phone was perfect. Not including a standard 13 MP sensor in this phone is a mistake!

14. avatar Scott Wieder says:

I hope we will see this phone on Verizon

15. No 13MP camera = No buy. Samsung seems to be ahead in this one. Technology is supposed to improve not regress. 4MP doesn’t sound good no matter how many fancy words you use to describe it

16. avatar vinai singh says:

i like it .

17. avatar vinai singh says:

very nice phone.

18. avatar Kathy Keys says:

HURRY THE HELL UP! I WANT MY ONE NOW!!! I’M ON PINS AND NEEDLES WAITING FOR MY NEW TOY, ER PHONE!

19. avatar Scott Morey says:

Bigger and more (13mp) doesn’t equal better. Hats off to HTC

20. These comments are for HTC to read:

HTC one looks awesome and I’m already leaning more towards it than S4. But I don’t think HTC’s ad campaign does justice to their great products. None of my friends knew about it and I hardly see any TV commercials. I think that’s where Samsung beats HTC. They advertized their flagship Galaxy phones very smartly and everyone was forced to know of it. I would hope HTC improves in that department. I have a good eye for spotting good ads. Keep it classy, use upbeat rock music, add voice to the features rather than the text, make it available on youtube, in newspapers, magazines and on public places in big cities as “dare and win” games etc. Reach out to people. You already have a good product, just let everybody know it better!

• avatar Shikha Chaudhary says:

Just to add, keep your flagship product name in order. There has been One S, One X, One ‘I don’t know what’ and then you call your best phone “One”. I would have gone a different way and called it something else completely and start the series from there. Please carry on the custom starting with One. Call your next phone Two, Three or something that starts with One and carries on – this will help HTC build a fanbase who will know what to compare the current phone against.

• avatar vinai singh says:

samsung galaxy s4

• avatar vinai singh says:

htc one nice phone.

• avatar Saud Ahmad says:

You have hit the bull’s eye and the nail inside it with that one. That is something I could never quite follow. Going reverse. Secondly, it has created a great deal of confusion. I cannot search for the HTC One without the search engines thinking i am searching for something that has more than ‘One’ to the name.. maybe, HTC One S, or One X.. also depending upon the more popular search. I have always been impressed with HTC’s attention to etymology.. making the name add its own appeal to their devices. ‘Incredible’ ‘Desire’ ‘Sensation.’ That was something no one back in the day was doing, with everyone running the mills with alphanumerical ciphers. Remember, Nokia’s 4 digit phone models?
        It will mean a lot of confusion to explain to someone what phone you have.. without saying, “no, it’s just One. Nothing else.. after it.” “Do not confuse it with One S or One F or One W.”

21. avatar ani udhaya says:

you can smart up with more ranges in look !

22. hi im ilkin from Azerbaijan I also use HTC products and wanna learn that how can i buy HTC ZOE?in here this product is very expensive can you help to me to buy it from online??? i have paypal code….

23. avatar Carlos Little says:

hola como esta una pregunta el nuevo teléfono trabaja con sistema android