Creating Variable Speed Videos with HTC One

Whether you’re traveling, at a party, or just hanging out with friends, recording and sharing video from your HTC One is the perfect way to let everyone experience the moment. And with variable speed video playback, it’s easier than ever to highlight your favorite scenes.

Here’s how it works:

What would you save and share with variable speed video on your HTC One?

14 Responses to “Creating Variable Speed Videos with HTC One”

1. avatar Ian says:

OK, watched the example, and it looks really awesome!!

Quick question: Why the extra step of having to select “slow motion” before recording? What are the pitfalls of recording in slow motion all the time, as the default setting (uses more storage or worse quality)? It is an extra step that takes away from the use of this feature, and makes it a fringe use for when you know something dramatic is going to happen. It would be much better if it was available all the time. My $0.02

• Thanks Ian,

I will check to verify for you. Personally, I use it when I am in an unknown situation like my son doing a trick or even when I have recorded my golf swing.

• I would like to know more about this too. Having to select the slow mo before recording it’s something we One users need to remember. If you can shed more info into what are the advantages or disadvantages of recording everything using slow mo would be appreciated.

Thanks!

• avatar Ben says:

When capturing in Slow motion, you cannot record audio so that’s one big difference between capturing in slow-mo and normal video recording. Also, you can’t capture in HD quality when capturing in Slow motion.

2. avatar Patrick says:

I love this feature! It would be nice to set multiple slow points in one video.

3. avatar konsti23 says:

Seems to be a very nice feature. I am making a lot of photos of my dog and I am sure I can make some nice captures with this… I will try it…

4. avatar TRNR says:

Amazing feature. Definitely something I’m going to try and use!

5. avatar Martin Dolan says:

That looks awesome!

6. avatar gallo001 says:

Little by little I’m discovering more and more cool features on my HTC ONE, I love this beautiful phone!

7. That’s a great feature. I gotta experiment with that. Thanks for sharing the tutorial. Keep them coming.

8. avatar Sreemoy says:

Thanks for sharing the tip. Keep them coming! I keep discovering more cool features everyday.

9. avatar Jace Hernandez says:

Wow, that is fantastically cool. Nice job HTC.

10. avatar Justin Williams says:

Had my htc one for almost a month and a half now and I just learnt something really cool. Amazing