Loving the new camera on your HTC One so much that photos and videos are piling up in your gallery? Here are some tips on how to select the best frames, get creative with them, and organize your albums.
Keep the perfect frame and discard the rest
Gone are the days when special moments happen so fast that you can’t capture them. With HTC One, you have different options in Gallery to “freeze” such moments:
- HTC Zoe: Open an HTC Zoe photo, tap once on the screen, and then find the frame you want to extract. You can do this by dragging the white dot along the blue progress bar at the bottom. This allows you to move through the individual still photos to find the best shot. Tap “Menu” > “Save frame”
- Burst shots: After taking continuous shots, select the best-looking one from the batch, and then tap “Best shot”. This will delete other shots you don’t like.
- VideoPic: While you’re playing a video in Gallery, tap the camera button to capture a still shot.
Retouch or enhance your photos
After selecting the best frame, try out Gallery’s editing tools to make your photos look even better. For example, to minimize shadows on your subject’s face, open the photo, and then tap “Edit” > “Retouch” > “Lighting”. Drag the slider up, and then tap “Done”.
And how about photo filters? While viewing a photo, tap “Edit” > “Effects”. Select from a variety of preset effects to create a custom filter to get your desired effect. To do this, press and hold a preset filter, and then drag it to “Custom”. Tap an effect to customize it or tap the plus icon to add more, and then tap “Done”. Or, tap “Save Preset” to use the effect you’ve created and keep it in the preset list.
To compare the before and after photos, tap “Menu” > “Show original” and “Show effects”.
Manage your Gallery events and albums.
You just got back from that dream vacation and want to make your friends jealous by showing them your amazing trip. But you probably took so many photos that it would take hours to view them all. Here are several tips on managing your events or albums to make it easy to get to your favorites.
Highlight or star your favorite photos: Tap the “Highlight” button while viewing a photo. In Albums view, open the “Highlight” album to see all the photos you’ve starred. (Frequently viewed or shared items are also automatically added to this album.)
When you take many photos within a period of time and location, your gallery will automatically organize them into “Events”. Here are some ways to manage your events:
- Merge events: In Events view, press and hold an event, tap “Merge to”, and then select another event to combine.
- Split an event: In Events view, press and hold an event, tap “Split to”, tap the items to move, and then tap “Split”. Select an existing event or manually create a new event (when you tap the plus button) for the selected photos and/or videos.
- Show or hide albums: If you have manually created events or albums, you can show or hide albums in Gallery. In Albums view, tap “Menu” > “Show/hide albums”. Clear the albums you want to hide, and then tap “Save”.
How about you, do you have some tips and tricks to share? Send us your thoughts!