If you keep up with tech news you’ve probably heard about the sudden rise of virtual reality in the last year or so. More and more, companies are investing in developing the hardware and software to create compelling virtual reality experiences that even the most skeptical of people can get into.
HTC is one of those companies that believes in the possibilities of virtual reality, and we’ve invested in it by partnering with Valve Corporation to create the HTC Vive. The Vive is one of the latest editions coming to our product line, and to show the world the wonder of this technology, we’re taking it on the road.
The HTC Vive World Tour kicked off on July 9th in San Diego, CA, and will proceed across the U.S. and into Europe in the coming months.
Tour stops currently include:
- July 9-12, Island St & 6th Ave, San Diego, CA, USA
- July 17-19, Forecastle Festival, Louisville, KY, USA
- July 22-23, Navy Pier, Chicago, IL, USA
- July 25-26, North Shore Beach, Chicago, IL, USA
- August 3-8, The International, Seattle, WA, USA *All demo slots are full for this stop. Meet us back in Seattle at the end of the month for PAX Prime, where more slots will be available!*
- August 5-9, Gamescom, Cologne, Germany
- August 15-16, The Dogpatch District, Pier 70, San Francisco, CA, USA
- August 21-23, MusicfestNW, Portland, OR, USA
- August 28-31, PAX Prime, Seattle, WA, USA
- September 4-9, IFA, Berlin, Germany
- September 8, Life & Tech Wearable event, Toronto, Canada
- September 18-20, Boston, MA, USA
- September 25-27, Washington, DC, USA
- October 9-11, Philadelphia, PA, USA
- October 16-18, Nashville, TN, USA
- October 22-23, Big Android BBQ, Hurst, TX, USA
- October 24-25, Dallas, TX, USA
- October 28-November 1, Paris Games Week, Paris, France
- November 3-8, Austin, TX, USA *Nov 3-5, Austin Film Festival*
- November 13-15, Phoenix, AZ, USA
- November 20-22, Los Angeles, CA, USA
- December 4-6, San Diego, CA, USA
- December 11-13, Orange County, CA, USA
Please note that tour dates and locations are subject to change, so we will provide updated information in this post throughout the length of the tour. We’ll also be sharing photos, video, and stories from the road right here on the blog, as well as on our social media channels (which now include @HTCVive) using the hashtag #HTCViveLive.
We’re looking forward to showing you what Vive can do. Hope to see you on the road!
Reactions to and coverage of the HTC Vive: