Keeping your phone safe and secure is important, but having to enter a password, fingerprint, or security pattern each time you want to access your phone sure can be a hassle. This is especially true for those times you’re in a safe place, like at home or work. Seems like there should be an easier way, right? There is.
If you’re looking for a quicker way to access your device without having to enter your security information each time, use Smart Lock on your HTC One device. With Smart Lock, whenever you’re in a trusted place, you won’t be asked to enter in a password, swipe pattern or fingerprint to access your phone─you’ll instantly be given access to your device.
How To Set Up Smart Lock to recognize your home or work on your HTC One Smartphone
- Go Settings and then tap Security.
- On the Security screen, tap Smart Lock.
- Enter your device’s PIN number when prompted and tap Next.
- Next tap Trusted places.
- Tap Add trusted place.
- On the map screen drag the pin around until you find the location you’d like to use with Smart Lock. As you can see, around the pin, there is a blue circle. This is the area in which your HTC device will remain unlocked. If it’s taken outside of this range, your phone will lock according to whatever your security settings are.
- Click Select this location to set the location.
- On the next window, you’ll be given the option to rename the location. When finished, click OK.
You’ve just set up Smart Lock on your device and now when you’re at that location, you’ll be able to quickly access your phone without having to enter any passwords, swipe patterns or fingerprints.
To delete or edit your Smart Lock locations, just go back into the Trusted places menu and select the location you’d like to modify.
Are you using Smart Lock? If not, set it up and let us know what you think in the comments!